Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The Division Manager oversees all matters related to collection and/or post-collections operations, represents the Company to customers, vendors, municipal customers and other external stakeholders, and drives change management initiatives to introduce and sustain new processes that contribute to the growth and durability of the Business Unit.
- Implements and executes plans to complement the market areas strategic operation.
- Oversees safety and accident preventions prevention programs to ensure all reasonable action are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensures a safe and productive work environment for all employees.
- Leads operations, establishes a pro-active safety culture, maintains compliance with all standards including, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting, ethics and especially environmental to ensure community impact is minimized.
- Manages day-to-day operations, provides daily support to managers, assures quality and budget performance and ensures adequate staffing levels are maintained to maximize efficiencies and customer service.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures and performance by participating in regular P&L review to ensure that budgets are met and develops programs for optimal equipment utilization, maintenance and labor and material costs.
- Develops both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the Market Area Manager and Regional Vice President.
- Works closely with maintenance and operations to ensure that the fleet and equipment is maintained in accordance with the DOT regulations, OSHA and Casella policy and procedures.
- Interacts with local, city, municipal, and county agencies to ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products and services offered, and position held within the organization.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and core values.
- Performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Legally eligible to work in the US.
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Requirements and possess a clean safety record.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Logistics along with 10 years of experience is preferred.
- Certified in Project Management (CAPM).
- Leadership experience.
- Commitment to creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and carryout assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Self-directed and driven to take initiative.
Organized, team-oriented individual who is dependable, demonstrates leadership skills, is able to prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.