Heavy Equipment Operator
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
Operate heavy equipment in compliance with the company operating safety policies and procedures
Key Accountabilities :
- Open and close facility according to scheduled hours of operation
- Oversee the schedule of where and which trucks are to dump and the switching out of trailers
- Keep public areas of the transfer station clean at all times. Follow schedule per Operation Manager for daily, weekly and monthly facility cleaning schedules
- Ensure that customers (external and internal) use the transfer station according to all safety rules and regulations.
- Meet loading schedules to assure driver loads are ready to meet production
- Safely direct incoming trucks and vehicles to appropriate unloading areas
- Follow all safety and equipment checks and precautions in the performance of all duties
- Site all mechanical problems that arise during pre-trip inspection or during routine functions to the attention of the shop foreman immediately
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven work commitment record
- Personal discipline to work in difficult conditions
- Proven commitment to Safety
- Self-directed person
- Safety first approach
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills are required
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.