Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
The Logistics Specialist acts as part of a team that receives and executes service orders from internal and external customers, and directs the day to day movement of materials necessary to meet service expectations of customers while also strategically distributing materials to meet transportation and/or internal and external end site partner obligations or expectations.
Key Accountabilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Ensures that customer’s material removal schedules are met daily and adjusts schedules as necessary to adapt to any changes.
- Communicates with sale's person or team to ensure that deliveries are completed in a timely manner and meets the customers’ expectations.
- Responds to incoming communications from customers’ operational staff, builds relationships, and solves routine problems.
- Organizes and determines daily load schedule and distribution plan to meet obligations and expectations of multiple interested parties.
- Collaborates with end sites for daily delivery times, track success rates of meeting the schedule, report information back and troubleshoot delivery issues with operational staff or commodity/product customers.
- Tracks and monitors inventory at certain internal and external customer locations to assure material removal schedules match with desired inventory levels.
- Composes and maintains accurate and accessible records of schedules, dispatch activities, and completed deliveries to ensure available materials are available when needed.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company and its products and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Organized, customer-focused individual who has the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information and is consistent, able to manage time well, responsible, proactive and is able to communicate well with others.
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated record of success meeting customer’s needs
- Ability to work on a team to achieve desired results
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent at solving routine service problems
- Aptitude for using data to measure service success
- 3-5 years helping customers
- History of succeeding in collaborative environments
- Experience or interest in environmental and or sustainability field
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Legally eligible to work in the US
- Valid Driver's License
- Travel - 10%
- Periodic overnight travel for regional meetings
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.