Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
Manages the day-to-day operations of a single site or multiple sites and establishes and maintains performance and productivity metrics and cost management processes. This position is responsible for assigning, managing, and reviewing the work of others engaged in solid waste and recycling collection and disposal activities. Work is of considerable difficulty and involves continuous planning, scheduling and routing assignments of personnel to ensure work is effectively performed with a major focus enhancing the operations department’s performance and customer experience objectives.
- Lead and mentor all drivers to provide the highest quality of customer service
- Perform all onboarding with all new hired drivers with the intent of introduction to Casella core values
- Auditing services, routes, and road conditions, and provide recommendations to dispatch as needed
- Maintains employee company and DOT logs and reports
- Oversees a variety of complex compliance programs, including environmental, DOT, OSHA, and local permitting.
- Monitors and coach driver’s performance and behaviors, while recommending training, or retraining as needed in order to ensure compliance with all company and safety policies.
- Investigates all accidents, customer and driver disputes and complaints, and ensuring all applicable documentation are completed based on policies and procedures
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs
- Verifies and reviews driver route sheets and schedule for efficiency
- Responsible for route maintenance with current, new and lost stops
- Ability to enter and review driver productivity
- Oversees and manages the check in process while being able to cover all aspects of dispatch
- Ability to oversee and review driver daily logs for accuracy
- Supervise, train and coach drivers on pre and post trip inspections and reviews DVIR’s daily for accuracy and completeness
- Willingness to cover routes when needed
- Identifying opportunities for route efficiencies and working with sales and drivers to implement
- Obtain, coordinate and document monthly safety meetings
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Must have valid CDL and or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Requirements and possess a clean safety record
- OSHA 10 or 30 card
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Computer routing knowledge is preferred
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- High school diploma or GED required
- Self-directed person
- Strong commitment to workplace safety, OSHA and DOT regulations is critical
- Problem-solving skills are required
- No at fault incidents within the last year (will be assessed on a case by case basis)
- Must be fully trained on all lines of business within the first year of employment
- Proven commitment to safety
- Strong work ethic
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.