Regional Environmental Engineer
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The Regional Environmental Engineer will manage teams of environmental staff and third-party contractors in the performance of permitting, environmental compliance, and engineering projects associated with multiple solid waste management facilities. This position works closely with facility and regional management teams to achieve organizational and facility goals relating to sound engineering, compliance, financial performance, and sustainability.
*This position will be located in Western NY*
- Manage engineering projects, consisting of design, permitting, construction, and CQA activities at solid waste management facilities
- Maintain compliance with environmental regulations and programs, including the management and performance of inspection, sampling, reporting, analysis, and diligence efforts
- Prepare and maintain local, state and Federal permits in support of applicable facilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with regulatory personnel and municipal partners
- Lead and mentor environmental professionals and technician staff, including training, goal-setting, performance management, and effective resolution of issues
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related program is required
- Professional licensure or ability to obtain licensure is preferred
- Commitment to workplace safety, sustainability, and environmental compliance
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and schedules
- Strong work ethic
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.